Why SEOs Can’t Ignore Mobile & Tablets
Mobile and Tabletare the Future!
I read two pieces recently that really made me think about the future of my work and the marketing and advertising business in general. The first was an article stating how soon there will be more smartphones than people on the planet. The second was about strengthening their mobile shopping experience.
As a digital strategist, I completely recognize that my work will soon turn more to mobile and tablet optimization than much of the “traditional” website SEO that I do now. The question is: how do we, using the royal we here, prepare for it.
Hopefully, some of the research I conducted to answer my question this morning can help you as well.
We can’t deny it or hide from it. Mobile and Tablets are our future.
- There Will Be More Smartphones Than Humans on the Planet by Year’s End [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- Do You Know Google’s Official Stance On Mobile Search & SEO? (searchengineland.com)
- Mobile SEO: The Next Big Thing (homebiz.bukiki.com)
- Will 2012 Become the Year of Mobile SEO? (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Why Mobile SEO is Overhyped (socialpeel.com)
- Mobile SEO Tips For Everyone – Filmed on an iPad 2 – Whiteboard Friday (seomoz.org)
- How To Create Your Best Ecommerce Store Design – Part 2 (vendio.com)