Pinterest is your new Social Media Marketing BFF
Currently, I have two CPG clients, and Pinterest is their third largest source of traffic behind Google and Facebook. Suffice to say this scrappy, new kid on the block is killing it!
I’m also proud to say that my home state of Missouri is the largest traffic driver to Pinterest, according to a recent Experian report. By the way, the yearly reports that Experian puts out are a must read for any Digital Marketing agency. You can get the 2012 report here. But that’s neither here nor there. I’m talking about Pinterest today.
1. Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as two to three times as efficiently as Twitter was at a similar time in history. (via RJMetrics)
2. Etsy is the top site in terms of “source domains.” (Source domains are the sites that content on Pinterest links to externally.) Google is second, followed by Flickr, Tumblr, and WeHeartit.com (via RJMetrics)
3. Pinterest accounts for 3.6 percent of referral traffic, while Twitter just barely edged ahead of the newcomer, accounting for 3.61 percent of referral traffic. In July 2011, Pinterest accounted for just 0.17 percent of referral traffic, proving the site’s blockbuster growth. (via PR Daily)
4. Pinterest has 10.4 million registered users (and growing). (via AppData)
5. According to AppData and Facebook, 97 percent of Pinterest users are women.
6. American users of the social network spend an average of one hour and 17 minutes on the site, well ahead of Twitter (36 minutes), LinkedIn (17 minutes), and Google+ (six minutes). (via AllTwitter)
7. Top corporate Pinterest boards: Real Simple (34,517 followers), HGTV (17,824 followers), Nordstrom (9,886 followers), West Elm (11,547 followers), ModCloth (11,813 followers), Whole Foods (14,217 followers), Better Homes and Gardens (15,127 followers), Kate Spade (16,371 followers), Etsy (53,784 followers).
8. Estimated unique visitors to Pinterest.com increased by 429 percent from September to December 2011. (via Monetate)
10. Daily Pinterest users have increased by more than 145 percent since the beginning of 2012. (via Mashable)
- 35 Statistics That Fuel the Battle Between Pinterest and Google+ (hubspot.com)
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Business With Pinterest (thedailymuse.com)
- Be social: Is Pinterest of use to your business? The first steps… (marketing.yell.com)